Many Antietam Battlefield Guides have developed Specialty Tours that focus more on particular areas of the Battle and the Maryland Campaign. The list below is prepared tours and hikes that can be requested for your, or your groups’, visit to Antietam National Battlefield. Antietam Battlefield Guides are constantly researching, studying, and walking the battlefield, so be sure to check back on this page as more and more Specialty Tours are developed. As with all of our tours, we pride ourselves on being able to provide for you, our guest, tours, and knowledge of the Battle of Antietam that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Island of Mercy: Caring for Wounded Soldiers at Antietam [Gordon Dammann]
- First Minnesota Infantry at Antietam [Jim Rosebrock]
- Regular Artillery Batteries at Antietam [Jim Rosebrock]
- Patrick’s New York Brigade [Joseph Stahl]
- Union Artillery Batteries in the North [Joseph Stahl]
- Close Upon the Colors: George Hartsuff’s Federal Brigade [Kevin Pawlak]
- Anchored in Sand: The 16th Connecticut Infantry [Martin Pritchett]
- Hello, all stations! The Heart Thumps of History Making Moments [Martin Pritchett]
- No one will hurt you: Edwin Sumner’s Dilemma [Martin Pritchett]
- Nothing to the Right: The 13th New Jersey Infantry [Martin Pritchett]
The below specialty tours below are only offered seasonally, from November through May, due to the planting of crops and summertime vegetation.
- Battery B, 4th United States Artillery at Antietam [Sharon Murray]
- Distinction Would Be Invidious: The Charge of the 7th Maine Infantry [Martin Pritchett]